How To Track App Store Sales And iTunes Price Drops
Who doesn’t like App Store sales — or even better, sales on iTunes movies and music?
A few months ago I stumbled on an app called CheapCharts and I’ve been using it ever since to monitor App Store sales on apps I want to keep an eye on.
Aside from App Store sales, CheapCharts can also monitor sales across pretty much every other category including music, movies, books, and TV shows. CheapCharts is completely free to download and use.
Once you have CheapCharts installed, you can instantly launch it and start browsing through current apps and games that are on sale, or you can take things one step further.
How to track App Store sales and iTunes price drops with CheapCharts
- Launch the CheapCharts app and tap on the menu icon in the upper left hand corner.
- Tap on the search button.
- Type in an app, game, song, book, movie or TV show you want to track price drops for and search for it.
- Find it in the results and tap on its name.
- Tap on the Add to Wishlist option towards the top.
- The first time you do this you’ll be asked if you want to allow CheapCharts to send you notifications of price drops, choose Activate.
That’s pretty much it. Any apps you add to your wishlist, you’ll get a push notification every time the price changes. I use this frequently for movies that are new releases.
While they’re typically expensive right when they come out, they tend to drop in price fairly quickly.
Please like, share and tweet this article.
Pass it on: Popular Science